The City of Revelstoke has noted that they are continuing to work on filling the vacancies in the Building Services department.
“We recognize how important and necessary building inspection services is to our community –especially given this busy time for construction and that’s why we are doing everything in our power to fill these positions as soon as we can,” says the site.
The City’s website explains that of the two Building Inspector positions, one will be a Building Services Manager, and that the search for people to fill the positions began a few weeks ago. Both positions are considered priority postings, and as such the additional support of an external recruitment firm has been contracted by the City to assist.
In the interim, the City has taken a number of steps in an effort to keep Building Services running smoothly. They are as follows.
- Bernie Zimmer, a Registered Building Official will be assisting the City with building inspections Wednesday to Friday this week.
- Megan Mucignat from McElhanney Consulting is assisting with planning applications this week.
- The City has enlisted the services of a recruiting firm to get the best person for the position.
- The City has secured other options to help provide building inspection services in the short term including getting some hands-on help from another municipality and/or assistance from a private firm that offers building inspection and plan review services.
- The City is in the process of reviewing applications received to date. This can take a few weeks and an exact start date is unknown at this time.
- The City has updated contractors by email and have started to book inspections for this week.
The City notes that interested residents cn sign up at the front counter to receive emails from the City as they know more. This includes when the City is able to start taking additional appointments for inspections. Relevant information will also be posted on the City’s official Facebook page.
The link to the job posting is here, and can be shared with any interested party or potential applicant.