Tomorrow, Thursday April 11 2019, Dave Butler – Director of Sustainability, and Rob Rohn – Director of Mountain Operations and General Manager of CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures (Canadian Mountain Holidays) will be presenting to Revelstoke City Council on the 41-year Partnership between CMH and the community of Revelstoke.
Rohn is a fully qualified ACMG guide and Butler is a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) and Registered Professional Biologist (RPBio).
Rohn and Butler will be speak in regards to:
- Partnerships with businesses in the Revelstoke region totalling an average of $2.5 million annual investment in Revelstoke
- Employment of local guides and lodge staff
- Community support with operations such as the Revy Food Bank, Kingsbury Bridge, the Hospital helipad, Community Connections’ kids camp, the Skate Park, First Nations youth leadership camp etc.
- Providing local rescue capability via helicopters and qualified guides
- Supporting public safety through winter data and avalanche assessment
- Environmental stewardship – energy and climate change, managing waste streams and meeting the needs of wildlife such as the Southern Mountain Caribou.