* Staff-Sgt. Kurt Grabinsky
As a result of the multi-unit/agency effort on November 20, 2018 in Revelstoke, over 130 commercial vehicles were examined. The following actions were taken:
- 1 Criminal Code charge for stolen property
- 1 Driving Prohibition notice
- 2 vehicles removed from the road due to safety concerns
- 33 Violation Tickets
- 10 written warnings
- 6 notice and orders for vehicle defects – requiring repair within 30 days
Fourteen police officers from Revelstoke RCMP General Duty, CP Police, RCMP Trans Canada East Traffic Services, RCMP Roving Traffic Unit, and the BC Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement team were present at the Columbia River pull out and throughout the Revelstoke corridor.
Many commercial operators expressed their support and agreement with the action to keep all commercial truck drivers compliant with the MVA and MVAR.
Further such operations will continue throughout the winter to improve road safety.