The City of Revelstoke Council approved Resort Municipality Initiative (RMI) Funding in the amount of $550,000 to implement Phase I of the newly adopted Wayfinding Strategy. Cygnus Design Group Inc., will assist with project management this Spring during the implementation of Phase I including:
• New gateway signs at TransCanada highway
• Replacement of the existing Welcome sign
• New signage at the 4th Street roundabout
• New signage at Skateboard Park & Splash Park
• Replacement signage at Centennial Park and Williamson Lake
• Community banners along Victoria Road and other social engagement signage
Mayor Sulz commented “I am pleased that Council approved the implementation of the Wayfinding Phase I using RMI funds, as the project meets the criteria to improve the visitor experience in our beautiful community with funds that do not come from our municipal tax base”.
With a diverse and growing population, a comprehensive wayfinding strategy that unifies the look and feel of the existing City and new Tourism brands will:
• Celebrate the community’s unique heritage,
• Help visitors access our high quality recreation experiences, and
• Elevate the City experience among national and international audiences.
The new brand developed by Tourism Revelstoke is based on an original sign located at the railway station, with its unique font and period at the end of Revelstoke.